The Library is open to all MU-Sofia students and staff, as well as external users
As of Wednesday, 27 October 2021 all library visitors and staff must have a valid document for either a vaccination against COVID-19, or that they have suffered from it, or corresponding results from a valid test. Find out all the details in our Health and Safety Regulations.
No more than 1 person per 8 sq. m. is allowed in our premises. Therefore, the maximum number of people in each area is as follows:
● Entrance corridor: 5
● Reading Hall 1: 18
● Reading Hall 2: 11
● Computer Hall: 6
● Information Management Department: 1
● Central corridor: 14
We use a UV book sterilizer machine to disinfect and clean all used library documents.
Halls are cleaned and disinfected on a daily schedule, and seating places are also being disinfected after each reader.
Necessary documents for registration and re-registration:
● For students: certified student ID by the Medical University of Sofia and a national ID card;
● For teaching and administration staff, doctoral students and residents of the Medical University of Sofia: a document certifying the workplace and a national ID card.
● For retired staff of the Medical University of Sofia and external users: national ID card.
Upon graduation or at termination of a work contract with MU – Sofia, users may be issued with a note to certify that they have no obligations to the library.
A library card duplicate may be issued when the original library card has been lost or damaged.
● Teaching staff, doctoral students, residents and current employees of MU – Sofia can borrow specific books for a period of up to 30 calendar days.
● Students from all faculties of MU – Sofia can borrow books for 1 calendar year.
● Single-copy books, as well as all journals, newspapers, reference books, atlases, dissertations cannot be borrowed for home use.
● A user may renew up to 2 times, provided that at the moment of the renewal there is no request by another user for the loaned items. Please bring the books with you!
● Lost items are due to be replaced by the newest issue of the missing book.
● A student with overdue loans cannot borrow new items.
All visitors may use free internet access, including Wi-Fi, free of charge.