The official platform partner and licensing distributor for these digital collections – Impelsys, provides the opportunity for MU-Sofia staff and students to take advantage of the resources provided by some of the world’s foremost experts in the respected area of professional medical education.
You can access the platforms by 30 June 2021 in the library computer hall or remotely.
● Books: A collection of over 100 constantly updated books on medicine
● Drugs: information on a number of drugs, their use, contraindications, etc.
● Multimedia: videos showing various procedures; animations and images; interactive and 3D visualisations of the human body
● Cases: resources for specific clinical cases
● Study Tools: flashcards and self-preparation tests
You can use AccessMedicine by 15 July in the library computer room or via remote access.
The Lancet, a leading independent medical journal issued since 1823 has developed into a series of different stand-alone periodicals such as Health for children and adolescents, Diabetes and endocrinology, Gastroenterology and hepatology, Hematology, HIV, Psychiatry, Respiratory medicine, Rheumatology.
Find out how to gain access through the Central Medical Library.
● All staff, visitors and readers must observe a physical distance of 1.5 m and must wear a mask while in the building.
● Hand sanitising is compulsory for all entering the building.
● Readers can be seated only in the designated areas: Reading hall 1, Reading hall 2 and the Computer hall.
● The maximum number of readers who can be seated in the designated areas is up to 50% of the standard hall capacity.
● All used library documents must be left by readers at the designated place for storage and kept there for 3 days under quarantine. After this period, librarians will place the documents back on shelves so they can be accessed by other readers.
● Open hours are: Monday-Friday, 08.15-16.00.
All rules and measures are available here. Please do not visit the Library if you have any flu-like symptoms (e.g. high temperature, cough, sneezing etc.)!